Monday, December 24, 2012

Boeuf Bourguignon & Christmas Eve


 Outfit Details: 
Cape: Kmart
Jacket: Hottopic
Dress: Lace Affair
Belt: Kohl's
Gloves & Rainboots: Target
Tights: Target and Hottopic
Purse: H&M
Choker: gift
Necklace: vintage
Earrings: Body Central

Merry Christmas!

In my family Christmas Eve is more exciting that Christmas by all accounts. For dinner we have Boeuf Bourguignon, which if you've ever seen Julie and Julia you might recall the trials with the french stew. I can't remember a time when we haven't had it for dinner. We also have delicious french bread, fruit soup, and salad. After dinner we have some extended family over for cookies and tea and exchange fun gifts. Right before we go to bed my parents would let us open one present, normally from our stockings. It sounds simple, but perhaps that is what is best about it. It isn't really about the food or the presents, but about the people-though I'm not trying to get all mushy on you. 

On to these pictures, this dress has quickly become my new favorite. While pink has never been a favorite color of mine, I love the combination of the black lace with such a soft color. It was so cold that day that I wore two pairs of tights, which actually had a pretty cool effect, and I'll probably do the solid color under lace tights again soon.

Well, now that all the presents are wrapped, dinner is stewing, and it's finally snowing it seems like Christmas is finally here. I'll wish you Merry Christmas once more and I hope you have an awesome one.
\

No comments:

Post a Comment