Friday, December 14, 2012

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!"

Outfit Details:
Coat: Kmart
Tank top & belt: Kohl's
Sweater: Belgium
Skirt: Forever21
Necklace: Forever21
Earrings: Charming Charlie's
Ring: gift and vintage
Tights: Target
Shoes: Belgium
Slytherin Scarf: Amazon

Today and yesterday I spent most of the day doing Christmas like things. I went Christmas present shopping,  made Christmas cookies and decorated them too. I watched Christmas in Connecticut with the family and I also watched my mum and sister make Kolachi, which is a sweet nut bread that has been a family tradition for years. My hands are now covered in food coloring and frosting and I probably smell like butter. I do love Christmas time, but every year it takes me awhile to get into it. As we get older Christmas seems to lose some of its flavor. Especially as old tradition change as people grow up or move or pass away. Still I can't wait for the first real snow, so I can have a magical walk about town. But for now I plan on cuddling up with some warm hot chocolate and relaxing. There is something magical about the combining of everything that makes up Christmas, I hope I never forget that.



No comments:

Post a Comment