Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Adventures at the Amusement Park

On one hot summer day, with some friends and family, I went to a local amusement park-by local I mean less than two hours away. I forgot to take pictures as I had planned, but luckily my sister was on top of it. So here are a few. 
Outfit Details:
Belt: Kohl's
Necklace: Gift
Sunglasses: Borrowed from my sister

Because this park has a few water rides, I wanted to find the perfect thing to wear. And this dress,  already a staple in my closet, was just right. Before I decided on what to wear I ruled out shorts(because, well, it's me) and over half of my wardrobe quickly. I wanted something that would handle getting wet and was light. This dress was the perfect choice, it dried out quickly after getting completely soaked and was cool even in the blistering heat. Even when it was wet it didn't stick to my legs like some skirts do.

Little day trips like this are always fun, no matter how exhausting they can end up being. It had been a couple years since we last went to this amusement park, but it always managed to feel the same. Sometimes, it feels like my park. The places where many of our memories swarm often becomes our own, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment