Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Love of Red

 Outfit Details:
Cartigan and undershirt : Kohls
Shirt: thrifted - originally from Forever21
skirt: Forever 21
tights: Charlotte Russe
shoes: Hottopic
purse: Old Navy
earrings: can't remember
rings: gifts
necklace: Rue 21

I can't remember when red became my favorite color, I don't think it really ever has. It just suddenly happened that I was drawn to red, like I once had been drawn to black-still am if I am being honest.

I found this skirt at Forever21 a long time ago and didn't buy it because I hardly ever buy things unless they are on sale. When I went back almost two seasons later, I looked over all the racks hoping desperately that the red leather skirt was there-I was even going to buy it full price. Well, the store did have it, but in the wrong size. Some might have taken this as a sign, not me. After sleeping on it for a few nights I searched it out online and bought it. I don't regret it one bit. Those are the best additions to one's closet, the ones that we managed to snag especially after thinking them over for forever.

This shirt has a similar story. My sister has the same shirt and on one or two occasions I borrowed it. I fell in love with it, but by this time the store was out of stock. Over a year later, while I was with my sisters, out thrifting. As a group effort they found it, being awesome as she is, my sister remembered how much I loved that shirt. Even better, it was steal for only two dollars.

What has been the best snag you have ever managed for your closet?

<3 Misha

No comments:

Post a Comment