Monday, January 14, 2013

"I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

An awe inspiring quote by Galileo Galilei.

I was always scared of being outside at night. Perhaps it was because I lived in the country and feared whatever dangerous animals might be lurking in the darkness, waiting to take a bite of me. Despite my small fear of night I love the stars. I remember when I was twelve and I realized that such peace could be found among the darkness and the twinkle of the stars. I just love being outdoors, but at night, when every thing is so silent, everything else just melts away. It makes my heart melt just at the thought.
Outfit Details:
Airforce Coat: vintage
Scarf: from streetmarket in Belgium
Dress & Necklace & Bracelet: Forever21
Tights: TJmax
Shoes: Target (same)
Airforce Sweatheart Ring: vintage

There is something about a good simple dress, something that can be dressed up or down. I had completely forgotten about this dress until I pulled it out for Christmas Eve dinner. I normally prefer to wear my hair up as it gives the outfit a pixie look, but I ended up running behind schedule. It doesn't help that my bangs are at that awkward length, too long to be regular bangs, but too short to be pulled to the side. I'll cut them eventually I'm sure.

I'm finally over this sickness, I'm still not sure what to call it as it was a mix of a cold and flu. I'm looking forward to embracing life outside of my room again. I really want to go used book shopping. For now though I'll just enjoy my own book collection. Goodnight and don't forget to glance at the stars now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment