Thursday, January 17, 2013

"You can never be overdressed or overeducated"

a quote from Oscar Wilde, one of my personal favorite play writes. Ever since I've heard this phrase I've really embraced it. I definitely think it's a good way to live through life. I know so many people who complain about how they never wear that outfit they bought because it's too fancy. I often get stopped by strangers who want to know why I am so dressed up. It bothered me at first, but I realized I would rather wear the things I love than things I just like to please others.
Outfit Details:
Dress: Made by my mum
Jewelry: Second hand jewelry store
Gloves: Icing
Shoes: Ebay

I probably haven't mentioned this before, but my mother is amazing. For my junior year I decided I wanted a dressed like the one Rose wears in Titanic. But instead of her red dress, I preferred blue. My mum made the dress without a pattern, which is extremely impressive and difficult. 

These pictures are from early 2010 and were taken after my prom. These were taken by my brother. I love this dress and looking over these old photos makes me want to get dressed up in it again. However, just thinking about the corset makes me shrink away from this decision.



No comments:

Post a Comment