Monday, January 7, 2013

I've met a duchess

When lacking for words when meeting someone new this is one way to get the conversation going. It is definitely something that people do not expect you to say. Not to brag, but it is true. Of course at the time I had no idea, I found out later. Apparently, they did not want to overwhelm me. I was already overwhelmed, I was speaking a new language, hanging out with people I barely knew, and thrown into a completely different culture.

On a different subject, because I'm still fighting back the sickness and haven't had the chance to take photos yet, I thought I'd post some really old ones. These are from late July/early August. My brother snapped these photos for me. Just a little warning, my true colors come out in these photos

Outfit Details: 
Jacket: gift
Shirt: Deja Vu
Skirt: Forever21
Tights: Target
Shoes: Forever21
Necklace & Earrings: gift
Sonic Screwdriver: Amazon (same)

I've mentioned before, briefly, that I love science fiction. Back in the summer when my brother spotted someone with a TARDIS in their yard, I knew I had to get some pictures with it. Being very brave, I'm normally shy, I went to the house and asked if I could take photos with it. Obviously, they said yes. 

The inspiration for the outfit came from one of the doctor's companions-Amy Pond. Her outfits tends to consist of mini skirts, tights, leather jackets, and boots. The discovery of the TARDIS was good timing, as just a few weeks earlier I had received my sonic screwdriver in the mail. I'm a geek and I admit it happily. 

What are your geek-isms? 





1 comment:

  1. Love Doctor Who and love your tights! The lacy pattern is sooo pretty!

    Charlotte
    www.deconstrut.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete