Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Coffee, Coffee, Coffee

People who know me know I love coffee, especially when paired with a dose of chocolate - European dark chocolate if I am really lucky. I tend not to drink coffee very often because I am terrible at making it. But this past weekend I had so much coffee. First my best friend and I went out in the middle of the night to a 24 hour diner and drank a bunch of it. The waiter kept on refilling our cups, so I have no idea how much I actually inhaled. Then the next day I had an Americano, which was probably a really bad idea, because I was so shaky afterwards.

For my sister's birthday dinner we went out with a bunch of friends to an Italian restaurant. I chose something that would be comfy sitting for an hour plus in a car and yet still adorable and not easy wrinkled. So, I combined my newest additions to my closet for this outfit.

Outfit Details:
Coat: Kohl's
Belt: Kohl's
Skirt: Made by me
Necklace: Gift
Earrings & Bracelet & Purse: Forever21
Tights & Shoes: Target

This skirt was so much fun to make, as I had Veronica Mars playing in the background. I just really wanted to do something creative, I had already made a strawberry Angle food cake the night before, so I ravaged through the remnants we had at the house and found that green material which was left over from a chair covering my mom had made. I looked through old patterns we had hanging around, because I didn't feel like making my own. I took a pattern for a petticoat, shortened it and made it less full because I didn't have enough material.

I went on a hunt through my sewing supplies looking for an invisible zipper, I probably have thirty zippers. Not one of them is invisible. Finally I found a navy blue, invisible zipper in the sewing room. Then I spent the rest of the evening putting it together. It probably only took me about four hours to make and the best thing was that I didn't have to buy anything.

That giant thing(s) in my hands in the first picture are my keys. All my friends and family make fun of me for it, but it's the only way I can find my keys in my Mary Poppins's purse. Plus, it has a laughing Elmo and an eagle that looks like the owl - Hedwig - from Harry Potter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment