Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Hair Fair

When I was young, ten maybe? I had an English project where I was supposed to write a poem. I don't do poety by the way, no matter how much I love it. So my poem was about a hair fair. I wish I knew where that poem was now. I created it with help of one of my childhood friends and a lot of good memories came with that poem.

On the subject of hair, I desperately need it cut and dyed. Unfortunately I'm the one that cuts and dyes my own hair. I've actually never had my hair dyed professional and I haven't had someone else cut my hair in seven years. I've learned from my mistakes. Let's not talk about the almost mullet I once gave myself. I always say that I am going to have someone else cut my hair, just so that I know its even and shaped. Yet . . . I always realize why I cut my own hair, no one knows your hair like you. So, I imagine one day I'll just grab the scissors and start chopping - layers, not length.

 Outfit Details:
Coat: Kohls
Scarf: Belgium- H&M I think
Dress: Forever21
Belt over Coat: Kohl's
Belt: Charlotte Russe
Tights & Shoes & Gloves: Target
Necklace: Made by me
Longer Necklace: Lace Affair (pictured better here)

At the time that I took these pictures it was about 3 degrees out and there was about a foot of snow and even more was coming down. I only snapped about a handful of pictures before quickly running back to my car. The really stupid choice I made was taking off my gloves for any amount of time. 

Today, the weather is balmy forty degrees. I should be out frolicking in it, or at least running, but I'm lazy today. What can I say?

Also I feel like I need to apologize for the repeats of these tights and shoes. But the shoes are one of the comfiest pairs I own. Plus, I've been on a red kick lately. I promise that I will try to introduce new tights, I can't promise any new shoes - at least not until it gets a little bit warmer.


No comments:

Post a Comment