Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Wendy Dress

Most recently I haven't been able to figure out what I've wanted to wear. I know that everyone has those days. But it was more frustrating than normal. I went through some of my staple pieces, but none seemed to look right. I spent an hour going through my clothes. (Actually I spent the time of an entire Eureka episode and plus a little more) I made up a couple of outfits, but none were weather appropriate. I was at this awkward stage stuck between winter and spring.

Eventually I chose this dress to wear. I haven't worn it too much because it needs a special backless bra. Do we mention the unmentionables here? I found this dress on Lace Affair back in January and instantly fell in love with it. It's their Wendy dress and very appropriately named with its peter pan collar  As I prefer to do when shopping online, I slept on it for a while, double checked the sizing, and then finally caved.
Airforce Coat & Rings: Vintage
Necklace & Wendy Dress: Lace Affair
Purple sweater vest: thrifted
Tights & Shoes: Target
Blue Bracelet: gift (mexico, I think)
Pearl Bracelets:  Forever21
Earrings: gift (Belgium)

The dress arrived when I was desperately sick. Puffy nose, blotchy skin, and an itchy throat. Still, I was too excited to not try it on. So, I stumbled into the dress and instantly fell in love. I was glad, because after ordering it I wondered just if it be as cool as I remembered.

I wore it first on what ended up being a long day of shopping, museum hunting, and dinner. I was amazed at how comfortable it was through the whole thing. Even better, my backless bra stayed in place through the whole day.

I paired it with bright tights and super bright red lipstick to make up for the darkness. I think with this dress it's important to wear the hair up, to show off the back. The first time I wore it I did a faux bob. But this time I wanted to be a little more vintage-y. It was also the perfect day to wear it, because I went shopping and ended buying Peter Pan on DVD. The irony wasn't lost on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment