Thursday, March 28, 2013

Backyard Lakes


Outfit Details: 
Cardigan: Jennyfer from Belgium
Shawl: gift brought back from Kenya
Dress: Rue21
Belt: Thrifted
Purse: gift brought back from Jordan
Tights: Target
Shoes: Belgium
Necklace & Earrings: Made by me
Bracelet: Lace Affair
Ring: a mood ring from some random gift shop
Flowers & Butterfly: craft store

I don't always dress thinking, what kind of things do I want to wear today or what would be comfortable. It's always more like who do I want to be? Never really a person, but more like I want to be a gypsy, I want to be a fairy, I want to look enchanted like I walked out of a fairy tale.

We had delightfully warm weather a couple of week(s) ago. It was in the sixties for two days. It gave me a small taste of spring, which I was desperately craving for. I went hiking into the corn fields and some of the land was flooded from a recent rain. (Recent isn't the word, because it always rains) It was still frozen in the shade and looked like an out of place lake. I didn't go onto the ice, I was wearing the wrong shoes, which desperately need cleaned now.

A lot of this outfit is made up of things that I have just accumulated over the years. Many are from different countries. The purse and shawl were presents from family, which they purchased on mission trips. The mood ring is probably from some travel shop in the south. The shoes and cardigan are from Belgium, which I purchased when I lived there. I'm a sucker for different places, even if its just an hour away. That was something infused in me by my parents who took us on many road trips. I hope my feet are never firmly planted in the same spot for long.



1 comment:

  1. Okay, you are working it girl! Love these photographs and the pretty background location :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete