Thursday, October 3, 2013

Welcome to the Sixties


Outfit Details:
Jacket: TJ Maxx
Lace Vest: Forever21
Belt & Shoes: Kohl's
Necklace: Vintage
Rings: Vintage & Lead the Aweigh Ring-Modcloth

Something about this outfit brings me to the sixties, which then brings me to the song from Hairspray-"Welcome to the Sixties." That song is just one from the soundtrack that me and my best friend love to blare from my car, normally with the sunroof open and the windows down.

Shopping online is always tricky, things are often hard to digest online. Modcloth has, by far, one of the best online websites to shop at. Their review system is awesome-as you can see the other customers in their frock and get their opinion. This dress, I bought before it had gathered any reviews, so it was a complete gamble, but it really panned out. (Here, here, and here, are a few other ways I've worn it.) On this occasion I wanted something simple and comfy for walking around a local fair. It was also a warm day, so it needed to breathe, and this was a good candidate. I just pulled my hair into a faux-bob and took to the pavement. Some outfits just seem to stick with you more than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment